Thursday, September 15, 2005

Day 13 (the real day 13 this time)

After the long haul yesterday it was nice to take it easy today. I got very frustrated trying to book my rail ticket home from Oban. What a mess the railway booking system is. I can't be bothered to go through all the difficulties here. I wonder if it would be easier to fly home. Anyway, after the sea crossing to Mull I set out in sunny, but cold weather, from the South of Mull to Tobermory in the North. It was only 38km so I stopped every few miles to take in the spectacular views, make coffee and send pictures. The Youth Hostel in Tobermory looked OK and they did have a bed for the night so I bought some food at the local Coop and cooked in the Hostel. There is no room on the whale watching boat, so I plan to cycle to Skye tomorrow. I am not too disappointed about not going on the trip, it would be nice to do that with Valerie some time.
This hostel is much nicer than last night's one which seemed to be run down and crowded. I will probably be staying in hostels quite often from now to Port Nis as the nights are pretty cold and the weather seems quite unsettled. Youth Hostels are equipped for travellers with drying rooms washing machines and kitchens.
38 km today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home